We have been researching suspension lifts that would fit our needs on numerous Jeep forums for the last few months. There are a ton of products available for the Jeep JK from numerous manufacturers. So, there is a mountain of info to sift through in order to make the right decisions for your particular needs. During all those hours of reading one manufacturer’s name kept coming up, Rock Krawler Suspension. After reading tons of favorable consumer based reviews about Rock Krawler Suspension’s products in general, we decided to look into their line-up of suspension lifts a little deeper.
Our requirements going into buying a lift were as follows:
1. Kit must include new springs front and rear for improved performance.
2. New shocks were another “must have” to match the taller lift springs.
3. We needed the kit to accommodate 35″ tires with the stock fender flares.
4. Bare minimum front lower control arms to adjust caster, but all four lowers arms would be a plus.
5. And last but not least, a new front track bar to finish off the list.
With our wish list in hand we started looking at the 2.5″ lift kits from RK. We were immediately pleased with the specifications of the 2.5″ Max Travel Kit. It met, or well exceeded, all our wish list requirements. Plus, it included new stainless steel brake lines front and rear. A really nice bonus! We also got a chance to talk to the guys at Rock Krawler during the Pomona Off-Road Expo recently. They had their lower control arms and shocks on display in their booth. We were surprised at how beefy the arms were, they are manufactured from solid steel not tubing! After seeing the quality of the components in person, we were pretty confident the RK 2.5″ Max Travel lift would be ideal for our needs. Plus, all Rock Krawler products are 100% made in the USA. Sold!
Fast forward to present day and we now have the complete kit in hand, with bumpstops and shocks. As we rifled through the boxes we were very impressed with the quality of the components we hadn’t seen in person yet. Another thing that impressed us was the quality of the packaging the lift kit arrived in. Everything was packed into the boxes like a puzzle with ample packing material to avoid damage during the shipping process.
Here’s a quick rundown of what the kit we ordered included. First box we opened contained the 2.0 RRD Shocks. Shocks include aluminum fluted shock bodies for better cooling, as well as overall weight savings. They also feature a 3/4″ shock shaft, and can easily be upgraded to a remote reservoir shock via the built in valve stem. Money!
- rhfg2673 likes this
- tumblingjeeperdude likes this
- jeepbeef likes this
- medicatedmatt likes this
- icantst0p-w0ntst0p likes this
- adventureguy2014 reblogged this from bendercustoms
- externalcombustion likes this
- externalcombustion reblogged this from bendercustoms and added:
- rocketguntech likes this
- rocketguntech reblogged this from bendercustoms
- bendercustoms posted this